tl;dr: It was a very short work week, but I published new releases of my Surfacer and Scaffolder frameworks.
What happened last week?
- I mostly took the week off.
- I published new releases of the Surfacer and Scaffolder frameworks.
- Update README and getting-set-up docs.
- Publish a new release of Surfacer and Scaffolder.
- "Configurable friction, dynamic max-speed, and character rotation!"
- Support for rotating the character animation to match the surface slope at the grab point.
- A system for annotating surfaces by drawing marks on tile-maps in Godot's scene editor.
- Support for configurable friction per tile.
- Support for configurable max-speed per tile.
- Support for collinear neighbor surfaces.
- Support for character categories.
- Support for backtracking when overshooting the target on slippery surfaces.
- I tried a new format for this submission to the Godot Asset Library.
- Folks were reporting problems when installing directly from the Asset Library, since Godot would automatically place the Surfacer and Scaffolder within the root directory of the project.
- However, these files will only work if they are under the `/addons/(surfacer|scaffolder)/` path.
- So I created a new branch in either repo just for this v0.7.0 and moved all of the files to be under `/addons/(surfacer|scaffolder)/` just in that branch.
- I then used that branch's commit as the basis for my Asset Library versions.
- I can't always keep my files in this nested path, because my main use-case when developing these frameworks is to have them as Git submodules under the `/addons/` folder of my development project. And this would actually then result in the files being under `/addons/(surfacer|scaffolder)/addons/(surfacer|scaffolder)/`!
- Create new Squirrel Away tile art.
- Fix the navigator's ability to always calculate a valid fall-from-air edge.
- Fix some issues with Behaviors.