|Starting to work on barriers!|
tl;dr: Last week I started working on meteor-blocking barriers.
What happened last week?
- This was another short week for me.
- And I spent a lot more time trying and failing to diagnose the cause of a BSOD error I am seeing.
- This has nothing to do with my games, but is really affecting my productivity!
- I started working on barriers; these will be able to block incoming meteors.
- Particle effects:
- Create new explosion particle effects for stations and bots.
- Create a new particle effect for barriers.
- Update particle effects for meteor explosions and power-line sparks.
- Hook-up bot and station explosions.
- Update meteor explosions and power-line sparks for new art.
- Create barrier-pylon art.
- Start adding barrier-pylon logic.
- Re-arrange meteor logic into a new subdirectory.
- Fix an oversight from a recent edge-trajectory validation fix.
- Cancel active-commands-when-finished and queued-commands-when-started if there isn't enough energy for the command.
- Fix character position centering.
- At some point, I somehow updated character positions to be based on their bottom center.
- But all of my logic assumes that `position` will actually correspond to the center of the character.
- Finish adding the barrier-bot barrier-building mechanic.
- Add better support for configuring where and when meteors spawn.