|Now character categories can be referenced instead of individual characters.|
tl;dr: I added support for character categories, and I removed dependencies on the Surfacer framework from within the Scaffolder framework.
What happened last week?
- This was a very short week for me.
- I added support for character categories
- I decoupled Scaffolder from Surfacer.
- Add support for character categories:
- This is useful for simplifying many systems in Surfacer, so that I can refer to a single character-group rather than many individual characters.
- This also can greatly-reduce file sizes.
- Decouple Scaffolder from Surfacer:
- This involved removing various references to the Surfacer framework from within the Scaffolder framework.
- These tend to creep in, since I don’t have a good automated way of detected them set-up at the moment.
- This was reported to me as a GitHub issue on my repo.
- Decouple Scaffolder SpawnPosition logic from surface logic.
- Move legend reference from Su to Sc.
- Move legend from Surfacer to Scaffolder.
- Fix a couple lingering Surfacer references within Scaffolder.
- Move some color-configs from Surfacer to Scaffolder.
- Move a couple control-row classes from Surfacer to Scaffolder.
- Move the beat-hash annotator from Scaffolder to Surfacer.
- Create a new repository for testing and demoing the Scaffolder framework in isolation from the Surfacer framework.
- Disable some global scripts that shouldn't run in the editor environment.
- Fix a long-standing subtle step/waypoint-calculation bug relating to velocity-actual-x values being overwritten sometimes.
- Clamp fall-from-floor and fall-from-wall edges to not start with horizontal speed exceeding max-in-air threshold.
- Clamp jump-from-floor optimized edges to not start with horizontal speed exceeding max-in-air threshold.
- Rename some instances of `character_name` to `character_category_name` to make it more clear whether something is a character or a category.
- Assert character and category names don't conflict.
- Fix an issue with infinity-value vector checks is my mid-surface-protrusion waypoint calculations.
- Respond to some GitHub issues on my Scaffolder and Surfacer repositories, relating to how folks want my frameworks to be more flexible with directory structures and to work better out-of-the-box when installing things from Godot’s in-editor AssetLib utility.
- Fix a couple issues with edge navigation.
- Support pressing backwards on intra-surface edges when the stopping distance would otherwise be too great.
- Fix the navigator's ability to always calculate a valid fall-from-air edge.
- Fix some issues with Behaviors.
- Create new Squirrel Away tile art.
Post a Comment