|45° corner cases are coming together!|
tl;dr: I'm still working on autotiling; I now have most corner-cases working for 45° and 90° tile arrangements.
What happened last week?
- I mostly spent time fixing the logic and tile-set art for all the various 45° corner-cases.
- Encode all missing data in FallbackSubtileCorners.
- Add another missing corner-type.
- Add logic to automatically populate transitive corner-type-match fallbacks.
- Debug some incorrect target-corner-type logic.
- Fix my recursive logic for recording transitive fallbacks.
- Fix issues with my quadrant-selection logic preferring quadrants with fallback neighbor connections over UNKNOWN neighbor connections.
- Add better logging for debugging.
- Update CellProximity shape calculations to support concave cusps between 45-degree slopes within a cell.
- Add some missing corner-type-connection cases.
- Update target-corner logic to support concave cusps between 45-degree slopes within a cell.
- Add support for quadrant corner-type-connections in diagonal directions.
- Both internal-opposite and inbound.
- Continue debugging 45-degree quadrants.
- I added some missing cases in CellProximity local-topography logic.
- And I fixed some target-corner-type calculations.
- But I mostly added more tile-set art and connection rules.
- Continue creating my custom autotiling system.
- I should have the complete system working in the next couple days for 90° and 45° cases.
- Then I'll spend some time turning all of this into a more publishable Godot Plugin and polishing its usability.
- I've decided to abandon work on 27° angles for now.
- There are way too many corner cases to consider for these.
- And writing all the logic to support new corner cases takes more time than I was planning.
- I'll probably come back to this at some point in the future, but even then I'll probably only support the simplest topographies for 27° surfaces (deep surfaces without too many interesting combinations of neighboring angles).
Post a Comment