|Buttons fade-out near the edges of the screen.|
Scroll events work correctly even when a button is hovered.
tl;dr: Last week I added improved camera-swapping, a new level-overlay button system, and a system for detecting when a region is close to the center of the screen.
What happened last week?
- Improved support for swapping cameras.
- I use this to switch between whether the player can move the camera with touch gestures, or whether the camera follows a navigation path preselection highlight as the player drags their finger around the edges of the screen.
- A new level-overlay button system.
- I've consistently had trouble with Godot's normal Button system interfering with scroll events.
- Not that I'm more heavily relying on scroll events (at least in the desktop environment), this is pretty important!
- A new system for detecting when a region is close enough to the center of the viewport.
- This is useful for focusing/highlighting things when they are at the center of the screen.
|When the bot is selected, the camera focuses on the bot or follows the cursor as it is dragged around to select a navigation path.|
When the bot is not selected, the camera is controlled explicitly with swipes and mouse scrolls.
- More camera system updates:
- Swap back to the non-player level camera when deselecting the character.
- Remove obsolete character reference from CameraController.
- Refactor the camera/camera-pan-controller/camera-controller/camera-manifest system.
- Now there are only camera subclasses and the camera-manifest.
- This makes it much easier to make updates to the active camera, since all updates can happen through one point of control.
- Add support for not destroying a camera when swapping.
- Rename camera subclasses.
- Add support for tracking a character's position in NavigationPreselectionCamera.
- Add a new _camera_swap_zoom component similar to the _camera_swap_offset component.
- Remove redundant sync_to_camera.
- Fix a regression in the camera-swap offset transition.
- Update swipe-camera to start with the previous camera's position.
- Prevent cameras from updating when not active.
- Fix camera-swap offset transition.
- Add logic for dynamically adjusting the sprite size and parallax-layer mirroring size to match the current camera zoom.
- New level-region UI detection systems:
- Create a new level-overlay button system.
- Create a new system for detecting when a region is close enough to the center of the camera / viewport.
- Miscellaneous fixes:
- Fix LevelButton mouse event detection.
- My Viewport ancestor node needed to have physics_object_picking set to true.
- Update station buttons for the new level-overlay button system.
- Dynamically show station overlay-buttons based on their position in the viewport.
- Remove station overlay-button emphasis on hover, and fix station overlay-button positioning.
- Fix station overlay-button click boundary.
- Fix station overlay-buttons to render in-front-of bots.
- Fix brightness of tileset clipped corners
- Fix window movement to other monitor.
- Add support for tracking whether a touch-move had a corresponding touch-down.
- Fix PathPreselectionAnnotator to render invalid-destination-target annotations.
- Add support for swiping with mouse-middle-clicks.
- Add some new editor icons.
- Add garbage-collecting to ScaffolderTime, in order to prevent memory leaks.
- Fix an issue with the invalid-navigation-destination indicator not updating position as the camera moves but the cursor doesn't.
- Add app-publishing metadata to Meteor Power:
- Error-log-reporting URL (using a Google Cloud Storage bucket).
- HTML export shell
- Add a post on https://snoringcat.games for Meteor Power.
- Tried-out the new v2.0-beta version of Pixel FX Designer.
- Found and installed a new Dvorak-related keyboard layout.
- This doesn't actually have anything to do with my game-dev work, but I thought it was interesting enough to mention.
- This uses Programmer Dvorak bindings, as I am used to.
- But this switches to Qwerty when ctrl is pressed, which lets me get back to the original keys that shortcuts were designed around!
- Also, this swaps the backspace and caps lock keys.
- This will take some getting used to!
- But I think it’ll be a great change.
- Add a message-panel system.
- I'll use this to show details when selecting a bot or station.
- I'll also move most of the command buttons into this panel.
- Add a hold-to-press button.
- I'll use this for most in-game buttons.
- When the player taps the button, more details will be shown for the button.
- When the player holds-down on the button for a while, the button will be triggered.
- Add logic to automatically select and command the closest bot when triggering a station command.
- Add a system for queuing bot commands.
- This way, when the player triggers another command, it doesn't have to cancel a previous command.