|Power-lines snapping animations, power-line-spark particles, and meteor-explosion particles!|
tl;dr: Last week was a short week for me, but I did add some new animations and particle effects for power-lines snapping and meteors exploding.
What happened last week?
- It was a short 3-day week for me.
- I did a lot of blue-screen-of-death debugging.
- I added new animations and particle effects for power-lines snapping and meteors exploding.
- Add new animations and particle effects:
- Add a snapping animation when power-lines are destroyed.
- Add support for configuring whether each end of a snapped power-line should drift or be fixed in-place.
- Add particle effects for power-line sparks and meteor explosions.
- Fix particle scales and start frames.
- Disable build-station commands when there is already a command queued for building a station at that site.
- Hook-up the barrier-bot character.
- Increase trajectory expected-frame-count-deviation tolerance.
- Update level-end condition to be when the command-center runs out of health, and deactivate the command-center shield when running out of energy.
- Fix a rare bug where wall-grab and wall-touch directions could be inconsistent.
- Update constructor-bots to be built from the command-center without needing another bot to be present to build them.
- Add support for configuring specific types of bots to only be able to handle certain types of commands.
- Update power-line collision geometry to use multiple sub-segments, which more accurately represent the wire's curve, rather than a single straight segment from start to end.
- Update runtime edge-trajectory validation to not fail when a collision is detected one frame later at runtime.
- Blue-screen-of-death debugging:
- I spent most of my time trying to debug the cause of the non-deterministic blue-screen-of-death crash on my PC.
- :( Sadly, I still haven't found the culprit!
- It seems like it must be due to a faulty piece of hardware.
- I factory-reset Windows, and the issue still occurs, so it doesn't seem to be software-related.
- Add better support for configuring where and when meteors spawn.
- Add the barrier-bot barrier-building mechanic.